We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience.While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.In this position, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the organization with planning, decision support, and monthly close activities. This position reports to the Director of Financial Planning amp; Analysis. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and innovative thinker; possess prior budgeting or cost management experience; meet critical deadlines; and develop and apply solutions and process improvements. In this position, you will have frequent interaction with various functions and multiple layers of the organization will be required. Successful candidates must possess solid presentation, communication and professional skills.Responsibilites:
- Support all FPamp;A functions including annual budgets, monthly/quarterly forecasts and long-range plans.
- Perform actual versus budget/forecast analysis along with reporting on KPIs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across functions to develop accurate assumptions and analytical inputs to budget/forecast.
- Develop and enhance financial models to improve forecasting accuracy and drive new business insights. Responsibility for the monthly maintenance of these models after implementation.
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses to support strategic decisions and planning.
- Continuously improve and streamline the financial management processes including monthly reporting and forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of financial analysis experience or public accounting
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable conclusions.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office
- Must have sound interpersonal, communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Task-oriented and have the capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proactive, willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
What we offer
- Experience using Budget Planning and/or Reporting software (preferably Adaptive Insights).
- Software industry experience.
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.