Join our agile distributed team of front-end, back-end, and full-stack developers that builds, maintains and optimises experiences used by customers to interact with our client’s multiple energy products and services, thus transforming the way people use energy every day. The vision: making zero-carbon happen!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Productionising and testing your product while working on a number of experiences touching all of our client’s existing product range and also new product launches
- Developing and maintaining robust, scalable, and secure Scala-based applications, services, and systems
- Developing new features by designing and implementing them following SOLID principles and using the appropriate design patterns
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Collaborating with product managers and other stakeholders to define project requirements and specifications
- Collaborating with the DevOps engineers to ensure seamless deployment and continuous integration processes
- Collaborating with other teams to build reusable components and platform capabilities
- Enjoying full autonomy in designing and building new experiences under the supervision of a Software Engineering Manager
- Being involved in architecture definition and supporting architectural decisions
- Writing documentation for new and existing features
- Diagnosing and fixing critical defects, and improving performances.
Our future colleagues should be passionate software engineers and trustworthy professionals, with an attitude of ownership, commitment to deliver, a desire to make an impact, and a collaborative mindset. We are welcoming teammates who enjoy experimenting with functional programming and strive to create the best-in-class products.
The following key skills and experience are required:
- 3+ years of proven experience in Scala development using Typelevel tech stack (cats, cats-effect, http4s, doobie)
- Experience working with microservices and cloud platforms (preferably Google Cloud Provider)
- Experience working with Helm and Terraform
- Exposure to event driven architecture using Kafka
- Experience in working with PostgresDB ( or similar relational db) and BigQuery
- Test Driven Development practices including continuous integration experience
- Exposure to agile methodologies and distributed teams is welcomed
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to efficiently comprehend new systems and dive into technical issues
- Adaptability and flexibility when dealing with change and ambiguity
- Ability to interpret and communicate information in a clear and concise manner to others (technical/non-technical team members etc.)
- Open and friendly personality, excellent interpersonal, communication, and team-working skills as well as a problem-solving mindset and self-improvement skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science (or equivalent).
- Challenging projects in a highly professional, but also a collaborative and supportive environment
- Working in small and excellently skilled teams
- Opportunity for long-term professional growth within our development center
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Respect and support for your professional, family and personal goals.