Organization: People in Need
Job Title: Civil Society Manager
Duty station: Chisinau, Moldova
Application Deadline: October 6, 2023, by COB.
Education amp; Work Experience: English speaker, 5 years experience in the sector, experience managing teams
Type of contract: Employment contract; Full-time work
Expected Duration of Assignment: 01/10/2023 - 30/07/2024
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the center of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of the following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
The Civil Society Manager is based in Chisinau with travels into the regional offices and provides support to all civil society and good governance projects implementation of PIN Moldova. Together with the HoP helps establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with local authorities, donors, partner agencies including major institutional donors, local and international NGO, and other actors of the local civil society. In cooperation with and support to Senior Management team, engages in advocacy and policy dialogues where appropriate, ensuring PIN represents the needs of its beneficiaries and based on PIN’s field experience. In cooperation with the HoP and Senior Management Team as appropriate, ensures the sound development of the Civil society and good governance structure and staffing in view of the programme strategy and project portfolio development, including both maintaining capacity as appropriate for Civil society and good governance response and securing new capacity.
Duties amp; Responsibilities:
- Leads or contributes to developing quality proposals following donor guidance and standards. Organize together with grant department kick off meetings, read the guidelines and propose new activities in line with the team. Contributes to budgeting for project proposals;
- Supports the CP in fundraising and liaising with donors, networking, understanding donors’ priorities and actively seeking new funding opportunities;
- Together with Country Programme Coordinator based at HQ, coordinates support from KLD; or HQ Humanitarian Unit leading on proposal development with field and technical inputs from program and MEAL teams;
- Contributes to strategic direction and timely implementation of PIN civil society and good governance programme activities in line with PIN quality standards, donor requirements, and national and international standards;
- Together with the HoP ensures programme components (budget, timeframe, human resources) are implemented in an integrated manner with other ongoing country programme (CP) development response in country;
- Coordination between programs and operations: regular documented team/project meetings for planning and progress monitoring purposes (reviewing workplans, procurement plans, financial drawings, progress on indicators);
- 5 years experience in the sector;
- Experience managing teams;
- Languages: English/ Romanian/ Russian;
- Competencies: flexibility/ dynamic approach/ decision-making ability/ high level of coordination
Interested applicants must submit the following:
Deadline for applications: October 6, 2023, by COB.
The applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis. The application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate is identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls or inquiries are allowed.
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity (people from different social and ethnic backgrounds and of different genders, sexual orientations, etc.) within our organization and encourage interested candidates to apply.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analyzing the candidate’s suitability for the position and keeping such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending an according notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.